Roundhouse 150th Anniversary Art Competition
We are creating an abridged film version of the Roundhouse Community Play “Down the Line” by Kevin Fegan. Renamed “Lock Down the Line” we will be featuring a variety of art forms in the new film. These pieces of art will also be put on display in the Cultural Lockdown Exhibition being held by partner organisation Kakou CIC in 2021.
2020 marks the 150th anniversary of the opening of Barrow Hill Roundhouse. Sadly our plans to celebrate this remarkable achievement have had to be put on hold until 2021 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
However, we can still mark the Roundhouse’s 150th year virtually by filling social media with creative images depicting the amazing history of this special place. To do this we need YOU to get creative and enter our competition!
There are three simple steps to enter:
There are three categories:
- Age 10 and under
- Age 11 to 16
- Over 16 – to any age!
The deadline for entries is Monday 19th October 2020.
All the winning entries will be put on display in the Roundhouse as part of its 150th Anniversary Exhibition when it reopens in 2021. Winners in each category will also receive:
1st Prize: £20 Voucher to spend in the Roundhouse Shop and a Family Entry Ticket
2nd Prize: £10 Voucher to spend in the Roundhouse Shop and a Family Entry Ticket
3rd Prize: £5 Voucher to spend in the Roundhouse Shop and a Family Entry Ticket
All entries will feature in “Lock Down the Line’ and will be displayed on the Roundhouse Facebook page. In 2021 the art pieces will also form part of a larger Cultural Lockdown Exhibition featuring diverse art forms created by our community (details to follow in 2021).
Terms & Conditions
- The closing date for entries is Monday 19th October 2020.
- The winners will be selected by an independent panel of judges within two weeks of the closing date.
- Entries must be the artists’ own work. Copyrighted work should not be entered and any breach of copyright will be the responsibility of the artist and not Barrow Hill Roundhouse.
- Any artwork submitted may be used by Barrow Hill Roundhouse in future marketing activities.
- Entries will only be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be accompanied by an entry form. Submitted images must be high resolution.
- Category prize winners may be required to show Barrow Hill Roundhouse their original artwork.
- Entries will not be accepted from employees of Barrow Hill Roundhouse or their immediate families.
- The winners will receive the prizes described in the competition description. Vouchers may only be exchanged for products in the Roundhouse Shop. The Family Entry Ticket provides entry to the Roundhouse for two adults and two children during 2021.
- No cash or alternative prize is available and the voucher is not transferable.
- Where a purchase from the Roundhouse Shop falls below the value of the voucher it is not possible to carry forward the difference in cash or credit.
- The winners details will be published on the Barrow Hill Roundhouse website and social media pages after the judging has been completed.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the competition.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.